I like to check in with a close friend of mine on the latest and greatest health and beauty tips, especially for skin. While spending some time together recently I noticed that her skin was looking especially amazing! I mean, it always looks amazing but today was a bit different. There was a lovely glow, it looked soft and smooth, completely bump free! So I asked “What have you been doing with your skin, it looks so good!” She immediately let me in on her little secret, coconut oil. She had actually replaced her night time cream with an oil (oh my!) Now I have always loved cooking with coconut oil but never once thought about putting it on my face! So I decided to grab some out of my pantry and give it a whirl. It’s been a week now and let me just say, I love it and can’t get enough! My skin is smooth, soft and I do (sadly) still get some acne, but ever since I started using the coconut oil, it’s clearing up 🙂
I wanted to share with you, my lovely readers, so you can try it yourself!
Here are just a few other key facts about coconut oil:
- Not only is coconut oil good for helping your skin through the ageing process, but it is also an excellent moisturizer. Use organic coconut oil on your skin so you aren’t at risk of applying toxins from pesticides. It’s not just good for your skin, it is safe to use on babies and young children too.
- One of the most impressive health benefits of coconut oil has to do with your heart. Years ago it was a common belief that all fats and oils were bad for the heart. Now we know coconut oil, along with a few others, can actually improve your heart health by reducing cholesterol. Consider using coconut oil for cooking and/or baking!
- Most ladies wouldn’t mind diminishing a little around the middle and a research study found that women who consumed 2 tablespoons of coconut oil every day for 12 weeks had decreased the amount of fat in their abdomen. Abdominal fat is the hardest to loose!
- Wonderful moisturizer for your hands, feet, and cuticles in this dry winter weather!
- Excellent aid for digestion and fighting the ‘bad bugs’ and candida growth in your gut. The saturated fats present in coconut oil have anti microbial properties and help in dealing with various bacteria, fungi, parasites, etc., that cause indigestion. Coconut oil also aids in the absorption of other nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
If you already knew all about coconut oil, leave a comment with your tips and tricks on how to use it 🙂